I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible pelvic pains followed by low back pain. Is this normal?

Question = I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible pelvic pains followed by low back pain. Is this normal?
The pelvic pain is worse at night and well the low back pain is constant. Also, I have been having increased diarreha, and nausausness. Is all this normal? I go see the doc this week.
Source : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20070408192526AAmUhQQ
Answer :
This is normal. My sister just had her baby 4 days ago. The pain you are feeling in your back and on your pelvic bone is the pressure of the baby starting to turn and rest where he/she is supposed to be. As you know the baby\'s head needs to be down and be facing your pelvic bone. So this movement can hurt, and it take several days. Don\'t be alarmed. The diarreha isn\'t good, but it isn\'t horrible either. Because most pregnant women are constipated throughout pregnancy you have a slight back up of your bowel movements. This is caused by the baby sitting on your bowels. Now that the baby is moving to it\'s position, it might be releasing some of the pressure on your bowels causing them to loosen up. Any change in your diet can cause this as well. My sister felt like crap for the last two weeks she was pregnant. She felt sick to her stomach, didn\'t want to eat, and had loose bowels. The doctor assured her this was normal, and that she needed to keep liquids down as much as possible and to take her vitamin. She also had contraction on and off for over two months before she delivered. This can be normal too. If you are going to see the doctor this week I would suggest asking him right away. If it is still bothering you tomorrow I would call his office and at least talk to a nurse. They would be able to tell you if there is anything to worry about. If you are worried about the baby\'s health in any way, you can go to your doctor\'s office without an appointment and they will put the fetal monitor on your belly to check on the baby. You might do this right away to make sure the baby\'s heartbeat is normal, and nothing shows up. You could be having the beginning signs of labor. The best advice I can give is to call the doctor asap, and while you are waiting to do that then I would check out these websites. www.webmd.com , www.babycenter.com , and of course yahoo health. Good luck! I know it will all be alright. Congrats on the baby.

This Might be Related

  1. My 2nd miscarriage - at 20 weeks - Blogs - MyBounty
    I did not like the idea of having to go through all those labour pains for ... Within 15 mins I could feel an uncomfortable pain in my abdomen and lower back. ...
  2. I\'M HAVING A BABY NEXT FEB!Blogs - MyBounty
    today i am 27+4 and i feel like i\'ve been pregnant forever! ... week i had a small amount of spotting and a low down persistent pain, dr sent ...
  3. Pregnancy, Parents, and Parenthood [Archive] - Page 2 - Lost-Forum.com
    I have a very low pain threshold, so I think when I have kids I\'ll definitely be ... i was able to observe 2 first hand while i was 32-34 weeks pregnant. ...
  4. April 2005 Birth Stories [Archive] - Pregnancy.org Bulletin Board Community
    I have been having a hard time dealing with the pain of the section and blood loss. ... We went back and looked at Ri\'s pics from her first weeks and OMG the ...
  5. Share your preeclampsia story here...
    I was followed up by the military drs and everything was back to normal after 6 weeks. ... A week later, February 10, 2004, I was a day short of 34 weeks pregnant. ...
  6. Joint Swelling by Joint pain
    I am 34 weeks pregnant, and experiencing sore, stiff joints in my fingers. ... today at 3 AM, I woke up with horrible stomach pains and very nausiated. ...
  7. Friends Chat June 15th-22 *DONE HERE* [Archive] - MotheringDotCommunity ...
    ok so anyone who is having their second or more I am wondering if you are ... Feeling lots of rectal pressure and sharp pains way low. ...
  8. Pregnancy questions and answers
    im 22 weeks pregnant and i have had very bad back pain and tighting in my stomach? ... baby kicking down in the pelvic area. Is that normal to bee that low. ...
  9. 9 weeks pregnant, 9 weeks pregnant symptoms, 9 weeks pregnant community ...
    This week though the only symptoms i am having is back ache and nausea and boobs ... pains but A LOT less painful(I have a very low pain tolerance, and it\'s usually ...
  10. 34 Weeks Pregnant | Pregnant for 34 Weeks - I-am-pregnant.com
    My pains are going from my groin into my hips and low back. ... I have the pains too ladies..ouchy i totally understand the pelvic pain...we can ...
  11. 34 weeks pregnant
    I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible pelvic pains followed by low back pain. ... Is this normal? 32. pregnancy-weekbyweek.com. Pregnancy Week ...
  12. I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible pelvic pains ...
    ... and have been having horrible pelvic pains followed by low back pain. Is this normal? ... I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible pelvic pains ...
  13. The Sydney Morning Herald Blogs: Essential Baby
    I am now 34 weeks pregnant and to be honest I feel guilty that I am not enjoying ... is due any day and from what I\'m feeling this morning with back and pelvic pain, ...
  14. Birth Stories ��� Birth Roots Doula Collective ��� Birth Doulas ...
    ... I\'d been having them off and on for the past couple of weeks. ... This was very frustrating and I felt it wasn\'t normal, which was a bit scary. ...
  15. BBW Birth Stories: Pre-Eclampsia Birth Stories
    I just couldn\'t get him to budge and I had pretty bad back pain. He was posterior. ... Around 34 weeks I started doing the routine to turn her---lying on the ironing ...
  16. Watery Discharge Pregnancy - Wellsphere
    Low or non-existent hcg levels in pregnancy / miscarriage? I ... i\'m 34 weeks 5 days pregnant and i\'m having watery discharge, is this an early sign of labor? ...
  17. Ask Our Pregnancy Expert for Advice
    I am 34 weeks\' pregnant. Until today all sonograms and my sugar have been normal. ... I am 38 weeks\' pregnant and am having sharp pains in my lower pelvic area that ...
  18. Older contributions about hippain 2
    I am just over 6 weeks pregnant and have started getting hip and pelvic pains. ... I am only 5 weeks pregnant, but already having really bad hip pain. ...
  19. My babys due today i have alot of pelvic pain?
    My babys due today i have alot of pelvic pain?
  20. I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible pelvic pains ...
    This is normal. My sister just had her baby 4 days ago. The pain you are feeling in your back and on your pelvic bone is the pressure of the baby starting to turn ...

Related Posts by Categories


0 comments:

Post a Comment